> perhaps
> the timing on the Mac is a little bit different from that on the PC.

Its the same darned scanner. I use the SAME scanner on PC and Mac platform I
use the SAME scanner with NikonScan, SilverFast and VueScan. The ONLY time
jaggies EVER occur is with NikonScan when CMS is ON.

BTW: Nikon actually explained the fault JULY 99 on their own Forum, and that
the then upcoming improvement to NikonScan 2.2 and Firmware upgrade would
fix the problem. It didn't and Nikon then changed the story to a stepper
motor problem.

Think about this! If my scanner works without a problem in EVERY compatible
scanner package and platform EXCEPT Nikon Scan with CMS ON then how can this
be a resonance problem ?? If so then why does a change in scsi timing cure
the problem, switching of the CMS cure the problem, but faster processor and
more (buckets more) doesn't. The scanner starting and stopping as it scans
has damn all to do with the jaggies if it did then the results out of
SilverFast with ICE on would be absolutely dire, since it scans it at snails
pace and stops and starts even more frequently than NikonScan.

Ian Lyons
http://www.ian.lyons.btinternet.co.uk