Henk wrote:

> Just bought a Minolta Dimage dual II with USB.
> I hope someone can give me some clue why my
> scans are so dark.

Presumably you have switched autoexposure on in the options

Are there any highlights in the preview that are at 255,255,255, ie
pure white?  On more than one occasion, I have thought that the
preview scan was too dark (with autoexposure off) before I noticed
that there were some highlights were already close to pure white.  In
these cases, switching on autoexposure does make the general slide
look more balanced but the increasing exposure has burnt out the
highlights: where I have needed to retain the highlight detail, I have
switched autoexposure back off and tweaking the curves or levels in
Photoshop to compress the highlights and bring up the mid-tones.  (You
could make these adjustments in the driver software but, if the Dual
II software is like my Elite software, it does all its calculations on
8 bit data so its better to scan out in 16 bit mode and do these in
Photoshop.)

If you do a scan and look at the histogram in Photoshop, that should
help to show whether there is data towards the 255 end.

Good luck,

Al Bond