>Probably, if you'll allow me to interpret your post to say image
>resolution of 1.5 to 2 times the line screen. Wouldn't it be useful to
>have line screen a multiple of image resolution, however?

First, I will accept that correction.  Secondly, as for your question, I do
not know the answer.  My remark about 1.5 x the image resolution is based on
what I have read in a number of references and not on any personal knowledge
or experience per se.  It could very well be that the changing nature of
presses and press processes accounts for the 1.5 figure.