Tony Sleep <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> AFAICR now the 1520 was the A3 format 720dpi 3-colour precursor to the
> 1200? Prints will seem rather gritty. An upgrade to the 1200 or 1270 would
> make a big improvement, comparable to C41. In some ways better.

Given the noise on the Epson inkjet list about the 1270, I wouldn't advise
anyone to buy one until the ink and paper issues are resolved.  The 1160
is a four colour printer which gives excellent output, the ink fades slower,
and you can use continuous ink systems and 3rd party archival inks with
it.  The 1270 can *only* be used with OEM ink.

If John Cone makes a version of Piezography for the 1520, it would make it
a much more useful printer.  I'd suggest that the poster checks out the
digest version of the leben inkjet list at www.leben.com

Rob

PS The output from the 1270 on Epson Premium Glossy paper is awesome,
but there is a problem with prints getting an orange cast over time.

Obscanning - I must try printing one of my Nikon scans on the 1270 at work.
:)