Epson does seem to be the only manufacturer that has focussed on the
longevity/archivability question and that's what attacts me to their
products.  I'm thinking of getting an Epson 2000P only because I don't have
room for anything larger.

Since I have a photo archive from 1866 onward, the longevity question is
quite important to me.

Hart Corbett