John Howell wrote

> (The power users disagree, of course,
> because they LIKE to tweak!)

That is perhaps as ridiculous a statement as I've read on this list (and there
have been plenty of others.) Many people would probably consider me a power
user, and I can assure I do NOT like to tweak. (I'd much rather spend my time
productively.) What I do like is the *option* of tweaking. The biggest reason I
have not considered Sibelius is that it lacks the option of tweaking. My
attitude towards computer programs has always been My Way or the Highway.

> our music department started ...will probably make a decision to switch to
> Sibelius within the next month because starting this summer we are moving
> to Mac OS X and must have a product that is compatible with it.

If this is really the only reason you are switching, it is a silly one. From the
rest of your post, it seems you have many other grievances, and I won't try to
argue with them. But if you really are only switching because you don't yet have
a carbonized Finale, that is not a good reason. Why implement a long-term
solution to a short-term problem? By the time you have invested in the new
program and switched over to OSX, a carbonized Finale may already be available.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com