>     Could anyone please tell me where Finale can be purchased in Victoria,
>Australia?  Do you go to a music store or maybe a software-selling store,
>or do
>you purchase it over the Internet and download it as a zip file after
>paying by
>credit card?  Or can you purchase it either way?
>      I live in Healesville, Victoria, so somewhere in or near Melbourne
>would be
>the only suitable place for me to go and purchase it.

Dear Michael,

You could also purchase it directly from the distributors if you like:

The MIDI People
phone 02 9542 4105 (I think)

>      And does anyone know approximately how much it would cost in
>Australian
>dollars?
>      I wonder also whether I should consider getting a Macintosh computer
>and
>the Macintosh version, while I'm at it.

If you're going to buy a Mac (and I don't know which sort of Mac you're
going to buy, though the new eMacs are very good value for money), you
should also buy a different mouse.  I bought a Kensington multi-button mouse
with scroll wheel and rigged up the 2nd mouse button to work as
control-click (i.e. the same as right-click on windows).  Makes life much
easier.  Cost about $80 but is worth it.

Depending on how serious you are about Finale, you should also buy TGTools,
download all the other free plugins, and possibly buy a Macro programme such
as Quickeys as well as keyboard support isn't as good on the Mac as it is on
Windows.  I certainly couldn't live without them, metaphorically speaking.

Good luck,

Matthew