Actually, I have recently had this problem with MacFin 2002b, with a
large orchestral setup using about 30 channels of MIDI output.  I'm not
sure if the problem is Finale or something in my MIDI setup (the
contrabass staff is the culprit only in one place, played by internal
Unity DS-1 sampler).  It is interesting that Andrew also has seen this.
I'll look further into it.

Tim