> Individual parts for each player just makes sense because it avoids confusion
> completely.
>
> This is why I have been recently trying to lay out the score with individual
> staves for each part. This makes extracting the parts a breeze, and doing this
> ensures that I have no wrong missing notes in the parts.
>
> Once the parts are extracted, I can then fairly easily combine the different
> staves as needed to create my conductor's score.
>
> Does this make sense to anyone? It seems like a very workable method, but I
> haven't tried TG tools special parts extraction yet, and it is getting some
> high ratings from list members.
>
> Alain Mayrand

It seems obvious that most of us agree that it is better for the parts to
make every instruments separate (4 different parts). But as far as it is
possible if the music is not too complex to allow it, I would try to put 2
instrument for one staff in the score. It is I think the most common
practice, and it saves vertical space. The fact that Finale does not make
these parts extract automatically is not a reason to change the way it has
always (???) been. Just my opinion.

Eric