Andrew Stiller wrote:
> prompt to save is unnecessary if it occurs when one attempts to close
> after having made *no changes to the file*.

I, too, remember the bad old days when this happened universally. And if
Andrew says it has begun to creep back into Finale, I will accept his
word, although I have not specifically noticed it.

One big difference between current Finale versions and the old ones is
that you can verify if this indeed has happened. That is, whenever you
believe you are being unnecessariy prompted to save, cancel out and
examine the undo/redo list. If you have indeed made no changes, then the
last thing in the undo list will be "document saved".

In cases where you believe you are seeing an unnecessary prompt, I'd be
very interested to know what the undo history says. I've never seen a
prompt when the last thing in the undo history is "document saved".

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com