> > Matthew Hindson (http://www.hindson.com/) has a clef font with a lot of
> > different styles. You might find one you like!
>
> Yes, I know of this font, and used to have it (now his site seems to be
> down), but it is not really high enough quality to be of much use. I think
> the clefs were mostly made from scanned images and only briefly edited.

Hmm, yes that's the way that I did it, alright.  I scanned them, edited them
to an extensive degree with Photoshop, then converted them to vector
graphics with Streamline, then importing these into Fontographer.  The last
two steps were where a lot of the problems occurred.  I agree that they're
not really of a high enough quality for publication use, but for fun,
they're OK.

Extensive editing such shapes within Fontographer is quite challenging, more
challenging than a hobby like basic font design would allow for...

Matthew