On 27 Sep 2002 at 13:38, Michael Cook wrote:

> in order to do this, you must go to Document Options -
> Music Spacing and choose "Manual Positioning: Clear", then apply music
> spacing.

Is it just me, or does this strike anyone as a rather poor way of
doing this?

I mostly *never* want to clear manual positioning, but when I do need
to, having to make a change to a document-wide setting (and then
change back) seems a very poor solution -- it's much too easy to
forget to set it back after clearing the one measure.

Why in the world is this not one of the options in the CLEAR ITEMS
dialog?

Yes, yes, I know, ask Coda, but I'd like to have someone explain the
reasoning for why it's set up the way it is.

--
David W. Fenton                 |       http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates         |       http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc