On 27 Sep 2002 at 13:39, Mark D. Lew wrote:

> At 12:40 PM 09/27/02, David W. Fenton wrote:
>
> >Yes, yes, I know, ask Coda, but I'd like to have someone explain the
> >reasoning for why it's set up the way it is.
>
> Why?  Seriously, what's the point in having someone explain this to you?

So that I can understand why things are the way they are. That makes
any request I send to Coda more useful, I would hope.

> No matter what reason someone comes up with, we all know what your response
> will be.

This is patently not true. I accept a compelling explanation, one
that is logically consistent. I now understand *why* the measure
number regions don't include the region for a unique number, it's so
that documents with non-overlapping measure displayed numbers don't
confusingly display the region. But the result is that it is
confusing in the circumstances when a document does have mostly
overlapping measure regions.

I can see why Coda implemented it the way they did, as it's something
of a gray area as to when the region should appear in terms of the
actual data (at exactly what point should the display flip from not
displaying it to displaying the region?). An interesting programming
problem, true, but not unsolvable.

--
David W. Fenton                 |       http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates         |       http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc