On 27 Sep 2002 at 13:39, Mark D. Lew wrote:

> At 12:48 PM 09/27/02, David W. Fenton wrote:
>
> >Frankly, I'm beginning to conclude that many of the regular users of
> >Finale on this list are victims of the Stockholm syndrome, because
> >they seem unable to do anything but rationalize many of Finale's
> >obvious failings.
>
> If we apply your reasoning to the universe at large, I suppose you could
> say that anyone who is happy in life and glad to exist in this imperfect
> world of ours is a victim of the Stockholm syndrome, because surely anyone
> with a conscience would have to be perpetually enraged at the world's many
> injustices and furious at the incompetent creator who designed such a
> world.

I would only make that argument if the person in question repeatedly
makes special rationalizations to justify the imperfections, rather
than recognizing them as things that ought to be fixed.

--
David W. Fenton                 |       http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates         |       http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc