At 12:48 PM -0400 9/27/02, David W. Fenton wrote:

>Frankly, I'm beginning to conclude that many of the regular users of
>Finale on this list are victims of the Stockholm syndrome, because
>they seem unable to do anything but rationalize many of Finale's
>obvious failings.
>
>I'm coming at it as a long-time but sporadic Finale user who has just
>upgraded from an older version to the latest version. Coda has fixed
>many important aspects of the program, but they have also introduced
>a number of new counterintuitive aspects to the program,

Introduced new issues? Most of the ones you are complaining about are
old ones, we all supposed you had just run across them recently.

Actually, aside from the provocative tone of some of your messages, I
found most of your complaints to be justified. We are just all so
used to the behaviour that we are eager to tell everyone how we work
with it. Some things I wouldn't like changed, (like I would like
still to be able to tell Finale to take hidden items into account
when spacing, and not remove the choice altogether) but by and large,
you remind me of the frustration <I> felt when I was first confronted
with the Finale way of looking at things.

Christopher