At 08:55 AM 10/23/02, Rick Neal wrote:
>Have you tried TGTools: Layout - Fit Measures - specify the number of systems
>you want to distribute the highlighted measures into?

This is close, but it doesn't quite do what I'm looking for.

For example, I've got a page of music with 5 systems, and one measure on the next page. If I select all the measures and use Fit Measures to squeeze them into just 5 systems, the only thing that happens is that the last measure gets pushed onto the previous system. The problem is that this leaves the last line rather crowded. An optimal distribution would push measures around on the page so that all systems are slightly crowded, but none is very crowded. Or rather, so that no system is significantly more crowded than the others.

Aaron.