In a message dated 24/01/2003 14:55:55 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

This could similar to the situation with Handel's Watermusic and
Fireworks music. In (e.g.) the Fireworks music,

I think it's only the Fireworks Music which is written out in C - the Water Music parts are written out for horn in F (and horn in D in the D major suite)

I finished up producing a set of parts for the Fireworks Music written out for Horn in D - it's a pain to read them as they are supplied by most publishers who have repeated Handel's version (especially if you are playing them on a natural horn.)

I agree with Robert - if the parts are obviously meant to be played by a horn in G, then supply parts written out for horn in G.

All the best,

Lawrence