On 20.03.2003 21:47 Uhr, Andrew Fox wrote

> Help. I apologize if I have missed something obvious. I am haveing trouble
> coordinating my tap in with hyperscribe. In a piano score I was doing, I
had a
> right hand part for "color my world" that I wanted to add a bass part too.
> playing while hearing the right hand part. It sounded perfect as I was
playing
> it, yet when I looked at the result - and played it back - the result was
off
> by one eighth. So the part I played in started with an eighth note rest.
> Aargh. I've had similar problems trying to just play a piece into Finale
with
> hyperscribe. What stupid little thing have I missed?

Andrew, are you, by any chance, using a software synthesizer like VSC
(Virtual Sound Canvas) for playback?  If you are, there is a delay when
using hyperscribe.  The only way I know of around it is to go into "Midi
setup" and change the playback to your soundcard.  Some other programs (Like
Band-Ina-a-Box) can be configured to adjust for the delay but I have not
seen ant way to do that in Finale.

I use Speedy most of the time, but I will often use Hyperscribe for passages
with simple rhythms (one with not many notes faster than eighth notes).

Ray Horton