Andrew Fox writes:

...The right hand part is already in the score. While it plays I am trying to play in the left. It 'sounds' synchronized perfectly, yet the part I play in, when transcribed, begins one eighth note after the first note of the right hand, rather than simultaneously.
When I have tried to play both hands in, I find it also begins shortly after, trying to anticipate it slightly seems to help. Could there be some sort of delay with the midi signal?

Dear Andrew,

I don't know what your MIDI set-up is. I'm on Mac with a simple USB interface, the Roland UM-1 playing through OMS to Finale 2003. It may be that your set-up introduces a delay as others have mentioned. Are you using "Click and Count Off?"

If the transcription has your left hand off by an eighth throughout, you can fix it easily. Add a bar before the first note of the right hand. Use the Mass Mover to copy the left hand part one bar earlier. In Speedy Entry, put the cursor on the eighth rest at the beginning and enter a whole rest instead. When the dialog box appears, click "Keep moving the extra notes..." Then delete the extra bar at the beginning.

Good luck!

Hal
--
Harold Owen