I may not have been right to do so, but what orch's I have done I put horns
below trumpets and above trombones because of their range. Engraving as also
I arrange, it's easier conceptually for me to do that and keep my head
straight about who's playing what.

Granted, though, I certainly could swap the two staves once I was finished,
if there were a compelling reason to do so.

In the end, does any conductor see enough of a given order that he or she is
"thrown" by a new one, or is it merely a matter of reorienting one's mind
and soon no longer an issue? I'm not asking that rhetorically; I don't know
enough about classical scores to know if there's such a thing as a score
order that is seen far more than any other.

Richard