> From: Andrew Stiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 ...at the rate things are going the beauty of music is unlikely to remain
 beyond understanding for more than another 20 years or so.

Oh let's hope not! I mean, would you really want to "understand" the mystery of a beautiful woman? Wouldn't you rather enjoy being intrigued by it? If so, doesn't the same sentiment apply to music?

I rather think I do understand the mystery of a beautiful woman: symmetrical features imply overall genetic health, measurements in various ratios signify good prospect for reproduction, dilated eyes show strong interest in *me*, various temperamental differences reflect different male vs. female investments in reproductive process, etc. My emotional responses to all of the above built in because my own (theoretical) reproductive success is heavily affected by them. Latest research (new this week) shows men think beautiful women even have more attractive voices.

When I was younger, I didn't understand women at all, and for that reason I was terrified of them. Understanding is much more pleasant. At least for some of us.

-- Andrew Stiller Kallisti Music Press

http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/