The accordion uses standard 5 line piano grand staff.  The major
consideration in notation is in the bass cleff.

The accordion generally has 6 rows of buttons, two rows are bass buttons (one
bass and the other counterbass).  The other four are chord buttons (Major,
minor, seventh & diminished).  When notating single bass notes taken from the
bass and counterbass rows, the notes which are to be played from the counterbass
row have a line beneath the note which looks like a tenuto.

Chords are notated as single notes with the letter/number for Major (M),
minor (m), seventh (7) and diminished (d) notated above the chord note.

Nick Raspa
NJR Music Enterprises
on-line catalog: members.aol.com/njrmuse