On Sunday, June 22, 2003, at 08:54 PM, Crystal Premo wrote:

Now that I have it up and running, and have obtained the USB hub and the USB cable for the printer, Finale won't print.

I remember someone saying that he would help me get it printing. I can print from other applications; Finale is the only thing that gives an error.

Please help me, Obiwan.

Crystal Premo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Crystal,

I don't know if you've set up a Desktop Printer from Classic yet or not (using the Desktop Printer Utility (located in "Applications (Mac OS 9)/Utilities"). If so, delete it.

Now, go to <http://versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macos/132> and download the Adobe PS 8.8 drivers. [N.B. I am assuming you have a PostScript printer. If you don't, then you can stop reading now. Also, I'm afraid I can't help you as I only know how to set up PostScript printers.] While you are at VersionTracker, you should also search for and download the latest OS 9 drivers for your printer and install those. Once you have installed both Adobe PS 8.8 and the OS 9 printer drivers, restart Classic.

Once Classic has restarted, launch the Desktop Printer Utility. In the top drop-down menu ("With"), choose "Adobe PS," and in the "Create Desktop... " window, chose "Printer (USB)" if you have a USB printer, or "Printer (LPR)" if you have an ethernet connection to a network printer. The next dialog should be fairly obvious... if you have a USB printer, press the "Change" button next to the "USB Printer Selection" box. Your printer should show up in the popup window (provided it's turned on, connected, etc) at once you've done that, the "Auto Setup" button should be enabled and you can go ahead and click that. Once the Auto Setup is done, click "Create," name your printer, and you're done.

The key here is using the Adobe PS 8.8 drivers instead of the LaserWriter 8 drivers, which do not work as well under Classic. (In my case, they do not work at all.)

Good luck.

- Darcy

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Boston MA

No one likes us
I don't know why
We may not be perfect
But heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the Big One and see what happens

- Randy Newman, "Political Science"