At 10:05 PM +1000 6/27/03, RockyRoad wrote:
Seeing this is the most musical list I'm on, I had a question about songs for intervals:

P8: Somewhere over the Rainbow, My Sharona opening M7: m7: Theres A Place For Us

Also the theme to the original Star Trek TV series

M6:     My Bonnie
m6:     Where Do I Begin (descending)
Tritone:        Marea, Simpsons Theme

or "Mars" from the Planets by Holst

P5: Twinkle, Superman Theme,

I'm singing this in my head, and I'm not getting it. Do you mean Star Wars?

Chariots of Fire Opening
P4:     Advance Australia Fair

or the Mexican Hat Dance.

M3:     While shepherds washed their socks by night
m3:     Greensleeves
M2:     Frere Jacques
m2:     Jaws theme

Does anyone have a song for the major 7th,

When I was in school I used the opening arpeggio to "Colour My World" by Chicago, which is a major-seventh chord outline. It may be out of date by now.

or an ascending song for the minor 6th?

The one I used for ascending minor 6th when I was in school was a song from "Little Me" (because I was playing in the pit at the time) called "Goodbye". I don't expect anyone except the hardest-core Broadway fan to know it, though. The classical students with me all said they had a tune by Bach that they knew, but I don't remember which one.