Anyway, on the major 7th thing, a few more tunes come to mind:

"Invitation" -- the second interval is a major 7th.

There's a descending major seventh in the bridge of "Come Fly With Me" -- "rar-i-fied."

"I Thought About You" -- the first four notes outline a major 7th chord.

"I Loves You Porgy" -- the first five notes outline a major 9th chord.

The bridge of "Prelude to a Kiss" is really good for intervals -- second interval is a descending minor 6th, fourth interval is an ascending major 7th, phrase ends on a descending major 6th.

There's a great ascending major 6th in "All Of You" ("lure... of you... "), and then four bars later it turns into a major 7th ("pure... of you... ").

One of the all-time greatest leaps is in "All The Way," where the melody shoots up a minor 10th for the title lyric. (Okay, so the leap comes between phrases, not in the middle of a phrase. It still counts, in my book.)

Can't believe I can't think of a tune that opens with an ascending minor sixth -- I'm sure there are any number of Weill songs, but I'll be damned if I can think of one.

- Darcy

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Boston MA

No one likes us
I don't know why
We may not be perfect
But heaven knows we try
But all around, even our old friends put us down
Let's drop the Big One and see what happens

- Randy Newman, "Political Science"