What are publishers doing to address the creation of parts to match student band personnel?

This has come as a personal alarm to me. Do the publishers actually grant any license to that junior high band with 12 tenor saxes and 1 trombone to duplicate or manufacture a transposed part for these always wacky combinations in student groups? These ensembles are supposed to have original parts for contests. State MEA's have those provisions in their regulations.

And at the same time, I am reading about band directors acknowledging the necessity of Finale for fixing their music! Copyright guidelines rears its ugly head once again. I want the copyrights protected. But should a publisher be granting a license, like software manufacturers do, so performance groups can legally prepare the necessary parts for performance?

Tom Jordan