Le 08/08/03 10:38, "Dennis Bathory-Kitsz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit:

> I am not hugely overreacting. If you want overreaction, talk to me
> off-list. :)
:-)

> First of all, cracks will be there ASAP. The only penalty is to legal
> users.

I still don't see how we are victimized or penalized. The way you personally
change your computer is not the typical behavior of a normal computer user,
and I am sure that if you explain it to someone at MakeMusic they will
accommodate you. Most people won't have this kind of problem.

> That point was already made, and you helped make it above when
> suddenly you had to fall back on a user community for future support
> because you *know* Makemusic is going to sandbag you and you're already
> mentally getting ready for it.
>
> And maybe *you* have to register once. But how do you suppose they validate
> these registrations? They're linked to something, and at some point that
> software is going to blow up and you'll be stuck.

I install, then register so they validate my software (fair enough) and then
you think they stay connected to your computer? The way I understand it
that's all after the registration and somehow your computer is coded so it
will in the future recognize the software. Maybe I am a bit naïve or you do
a bit of paranoia by going far beyond what is said. I am curious if Jari of
Tobias have something more to say about that to shed some lights on us
naives and paranoiacs.  :-)