> Sibelius apparently manages the transfer of licenses
> from one machine to another via floppies, which
> strikes me as not such a great idea.  (What do Mac users do?)

I would say that finally, after 20 years of IBM PC compatible
floppies, we have a successor to the floppy which fits into
ALL personal computers sold for a few years now: the USB
"stick" where 128MB is an often-sold capacity.

Should be great to use that for license transfering. Not sure if
Sibelius supports it, but I will put in my word for it at MakeMusic.

Cheers,
Tobias