Le 08/08/03 09:41, "Dennis Bathory-Kitsz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit:

> At 02:35 PM 8/8/03 +0200, d. collins wrote:
>> And what about installing it and using on a laptop with no internet
>> connection? Is that easily done?
>
> Does that mean this is okay with you? Not even a whisper of protest?
> Everybody else thinks this is fine, too?
>
> It's not with me. I just sent this email to the Finale order desk.
>

> Hello,
>
> I made a 2004 pre-order yesterday on the basis of the information on
> Makemusic's website.
>
> It turns out that the website was misleading when it said there was no copy
> protection. Challenge-response *is* copy protection as understood by the
> user community, and only by a Clintonian turn of phrase about what "is is"
> is it anything else.

I hope there will be people standing up against all this whining! From what
I have seen, there is no way to compare that scheme with that of Finale 98.
You buy your software, then register it. Software companies HAVE to find
ways to prevent illegal copies of their softwares and god knows how many
there are. We choose to take the legal way because it is fair, and because
we want MakeMusic to continue their research to make Finale a better
software. I see Dennis's post as HUGELY OVERREACTING. I also see some
hypothetical problems if Coda stops to support 2004 but our plug-ins
developpers have always provided solutions to things Finale cannot do and am
confident that if EVER it comes to that we'll find a way through. Wasn't it
clear that you have to register ONCE and then the computer remembers that
code even if it is reformatted. At least it's the way I understand it. If
you ever have to work temporarily on someone else's computer, you CAN do it
with all the features enabled for a whole month. Pirat copies of software is
a HUGE problem and the solution here is nothing to disturb me in the way I
normally work.

Éric Dussault