Hi,

well there is no copy protection in that the CD can be copied freely and
installed freely but the installed product needs to be activated thru
registration (challenge/response).

I think you can install it on three computers before having to talk to
somebody at MakeMusic and explain what happened. I think you have thirty
days to permanently activate your product. They don't use the word
activation, they call it registration. I have not investigated ways around
this procedure.

I know many people are against such things but they are starting to be a
fact of the new decade. For example, out of 20 audio/video editing software
products, I liked only one - the one with product activation. But I wanted
the best, so I bought it. Same would be true for Finale upgrades, if I had
to pay for'em.

Cheers,
Tobias