On Wednesday, August 27, 2003, at 08:08 AM, Rick Neal wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried updating the layout and respacing several different ways but it still doesn't help. Maybe I should try exporting it as a graphic and sending it to Peter Schickele in case he needs it for his next biography of PDQ Bach :-) Of course, I still need to find a solution....

What do you have set in Doc Options > Music Spacing? If "Manual Positioning" is set to either "Ignore" or "Incorporate," it will include some data from the current spacing. Setting it to "Clear" and then running note spacing and updating the layout may fix it.