On Saturday, Oct 25, 2003, at 14:22 US/Pacific, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

So am I for my Wallstreet. Anyone heard of incompatibility reports yet? Seems there are some problems with existing applications.

I did have a problem with the install. ... In my case, iTunes was the culprit...

I saw a note in the TidBITS newsletter which put me on the right track to solving the iTunes installer problem. In case it's helpful for your upgrade at some point, it was a permissions error with the iTunes installer. No doubt because I had purposely changed some permissions in the System and Library folders them so I could edit files and changed others so as to easily work with the 'sendmail' facility. There doesn't seem to be any mention of re-setting permissions in the 10.3 install PDF but you may fix them from the Jaguar disk in case they have been altered.

Anyway, I've now done a rather full install (extra apps, fonts, Developer Tools, X11) with zero problems.

Philip Aker http://www.aker.ca