On Wednesday, December 17, 2003, at 04:26 AM, Phil Daley wrote:

>This is not about hiding windows or arranging windows, it's about _finding_
>windows.

I never lose them, must be a Mac thing.

Not a Mac thing. I'm on Mac, and I too cannot visualize why I should be so excited about Exposé.

I'm on Mac OS 10.2 (relatively recently), and I can easily find any window by right-clicking the application on the Dock and then choosing the window from the popup menu. I don't see why that's any harder than taking the mouse to a hot spot and then selecting from among the mini-windows. I'm not sure what is meant by "losing" one's windows. Do you not know what you've got open? If you've forgotten that it exists, how do you know to look for it?

Maybe some day it will make sense to me, as Johannes suggests. In the meantime it's just one more clever UI feature to add to the pile. OS X already has umpteen different ways to do things. So long as I can find the one I like (and I already have), I don't care if there's one more.

I wonder if this isn't like our recurring Speedy-vs-Simple discussion.

mdl