At 05:03 PM 1/3/2004, d. collins wrote:
>Is there any easy way to replace in an extracted part (after the part has
>been extracted) a certain number of measures with a multimeasure rest? (I
>have empty measures in which I had to put "expressions" in the score, but
>would like them to appear as multimeasure rests in the extracted parts.)

I think the measures have to actually be empty in order for there to be MM rests. The usual way of doing this sort of thing is to assign the expression in the score to a staff list, and define the staff list so that the expression displays on the appropriate staves in the score and on none of the staves in the parts. Then you can extract the parts and get the right MM rests.

Otherwise, in the extracted part, you need to select all of the relevant measures with the Mass Edit tool and hit Backspace (to clear all entries). Then change to the Measure tool (measures should still be selected) and do Measure | Multimeasure Rests | Create. This should be done in Page View.

Aaron.