At 03:48 AM 1/4/2004, d. collins wrote:
>At how many measures should one start to convert to multimeasure rests with
>numbers? I think Finale's default is 10.

I think you're misunderstanding. Finale will by default put a number over all MM rests. The option "Use symbols for rests less than X measures" only affects what kind of rests Finale puts in the staff. For MM rests less than this number, Finale will build up an actual collection of rests, using whole rests and double whole rests. For MM rests greater than this number, Finale will use the normal MM rest symbol.

Aaron.