From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Darcy James Argue
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 11:35 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Finale] OT: Dual-Monitor Support on the original Radeon (Mac PCI)

Hi all,

This is a long shot indeed -- since I was unable to uncover any info on
the internet -- but what the hell, eh?

Does anyone know of a hack to enable dual-monitor support on the
original Radeon graphics card (Mac edition)?

When I ordered my second monitor, I (stupidly) assumed that because my
Radeon has both VGA and DVI outs, that it would support dual monitors.
Well, it doesn't -- at least, not as far as I can tell.  When you have
a VGA monitor plugged in, the DVI output is disabled, and vice versa.

Does anyone know if there's a hack somewhere out there that will enable
dual monitor support on this card?  (Long shot, I know -- I think it's
probably a hardware limitation.)

Can anyone confirm for me that the Radeon 7000 (in all other respects
an *inferior* graphics card to the original Radeon) actually supports
dual displays?  (It *says* it does on ATI's info page, but I am wary...
once bitten, twice shy.)

Oh, and anyone want to buy a Radeon PCI in good working condition?
[grin]

Thanks,

- Darcy

-----