I don't know of a way to reduce an individual clef or a time signature or key signature other than to redefine the size for all instances of the same, in the Options/Document Settings dialog. Under Fonts you can redefine the font size for any of those items, but it will affect the entire file, not just one instance.

You can redefine the size of an accidental within the music by using the Special Tools and selecting the flat sign with the left/right arrows. Double click on the handle for the accidental you want resized and enter the size you want in the dialog that pops up. I don't know of a way to alter the size for specific accidentals in the key signature.

Time Signatures can be gotten around by hiding the one that shows up and then creating a shape expression the size you want and placing it where the hidden time signature would go. I suppose you could do the same for key signatures, hiding the key signature and then creating expressions, one for flat and one for sharp in the different sizes you want and then placing them appropriately. Perhaps using Accidentals rather than expressions might make spacing issues easier.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Dear Finale List:

Is it possible to reduce the size of individual clefs, time signatures and accidentals?
I didn't see anything in the manual other than note, staff and page reductions, or reductions on a global scale.
As always, thanks for your great help.

George Boziwick

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]