All,

This is currently windows only (it got fixed for the initial mac
release), but there is a workaround.

* Create a measure expression that has a shape but don't worry about
editing the shape yet.
To edit the shape:
* On the score, right-click on the expression and click "Edit Measure
Text Expression Definition...'
* Click the "Playback" tab
* Next to the "Execute Shape" radio button, click "Select"
* In the "Executable Shape Selection" dialog, click "Edit"
Now here is the key - in order for the changes to be saved:
* Whenever exiting the "Shape Designer" dialog, click OK
* Whenever exiting the "Executable Shape Designer" dialog, click OK
* Whenever exiting the "Executable Shape Selection" dialog, click "X"
(cancel in the top-right)
* Whenever exiting the "Text Expression Designer" dialog, click "X"
(cancel in the top-right)
The modifications will take.

I know it's a pain, but at least you can work around it.

Allen