I know that on the Sibelius list there was concern over full use of the keyboard shortcuts possible in OSX in Sibelius 3. The response from the Sibelius employee resident of the list was that in order for full use of the keyboard possible under OSX, an application had to be cocoa and not carbon. And that meant rebuilding the app from the ground up, which Sibelius was not about to do.

Darcy James Argue wrote:
Hey gang,

Has anyone had any success in programming keyboard shortcuts via Panther's Keyboard Shortcuts Preference Pane?

The keyboard shortcuts I've programmed show up correctly next to the menu items in Fin2004. And invoking them causes the appropriate menu to flash. But nothing actually happens -- the menu item is not actually invoked.

Is there some trick to this? Or is Finale not compatible with OS 10.3's built-in keyboard shortcut creator?

If not, why not??? Coda has always been incredibly bad about including a decent selection of Mac keyboard shortcuts for Finale, hence the need for QuicKeys or other third-party macro apps. I was hoping that with Fin2004+Panther I could leave QuicKeys behind...

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY