In my use the two terms are similar but different.  Since your original post
I have been trying to remember where I have seen both in use.  I know I've
seen them both in the same score but can not recall now where it was.

I deal primarily with band music so it must have been in a band work.  It
may have been in Wagner's "Trauersinfonie".  When asked by a player about
the difference I considered the context and replied that "Sfz" can occur in
any prevailing dynamic, "Sfp" will always end "piano" and "Sfzp" is a very
soft "hard tongue" accent.  I hope this helps.

Guy Hayden, Minister of Music
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church
372 Hiden Boulevard
Newport News, Virginia 23606