On 25 Mar 2004, at 03:22 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 25 Mar 2004 at 14:57, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Sorry for being monstrously thick, but I don't understand the problem
here and I have obviously not understood the initial description of
what the writer is trying to do.

My understanding of the problem can be solved by using layers and
simply moving the notes to the left or right using the cursor until
they are in the required position.

Presumably there is more to the problem than this - can someone
explain it to me please,

The task was to get it notated onscreen as well as to playback properly, all in one set of notes.

But I don't think that's possible in Finale, except perhaps by the
methods Robert Patterson indicated.

Once I figured out how to set up the triplet for accurate playback, it's easy to change the noteheads you want to display, hide the others, and extend the tuplet bracket over the barline. It spaces just fine.

- Darcy

-----

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn NY