If you really want, you can go into the Track/Channel mapping dialog and
set them in there...(Click set track to staff list and click the
associated button.)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of David W. Fenton
Sent: Monday, March 29, 2004 11:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Finale] Split Points in Imported MIDI Files

On 29 Mar 2004 at 11:57, David W. Fenton wrote:

> Is there any way to set split points in MIDI files for import?
>
> Finale does some really bizarro things in terms of setting notes
> values and then shortening them with early NOTE OFF settings.
>
> Failing that, how can I easily combine the two staves into one? I'm
> currently trying to retranscribe without the FILL setting (i.e.,
> minimizing rests), but Finale is crashing if I do that with an entire
> staff selected, so I'm having some difficulties.
>
> Suggestions?

Oops! There's a SPLIT POINT plugin that does just what I want!

There are so many plugins there that I just don't know what's there
and what's not. I was prepared to have to use the piano reduction
plugin to get the job done, and looking for that caused me to see the
split point plugin.

<emily litella>Never mind!</emily litella>