On Apr 19, 2004, at 8:01 AM, Phil Daley wrote:

>Or just transfer them to PC Format disks, Macs with superdrives (pretty much
>any Mac after the SE) can format and write PC disks.

And newer Macs can read the old 800K disks?

My recently defunct Mac could read both PC disks and old 800K Mac disks. I had a pile of ancient 800K floppies which I recycled and used for backing up small files. I also used PC-formatted floppies to carry files to and from the PC I used at a part-time job. Come to think of it, that's how I printed several chapters of the Finale 2k2 manual, which for some reason I couldn't get to print from my home computer.

That was a Power Macintosh 6100/66. It finally gave up the ghost last fall.

mdl