Hi Brad,

I do thank you for the "vicarious" bugfix request. I admit, I am mystified by Brian's reply, as it directly contradicts a reply he sent to me, in which he confirmed that Coda *was* able to duplicate the text block bug in house. (they are, as of yet unable to duplicate the file overwrite bug, which may or may not be a subset of the text block bug. Regardless, he confirmed that they were aware a problem where two text blocks end up sharing the same ID nubmer. (Granted, he may have been saying tall his just to get rid of me_.

At any rate, this is ridiculous -- anyone can easily duplicate the text block bug in MacFin2004 by opening 20+ similar documents simultaneously (such as parts file derived from the same score) and then going through the files, modifying text blocks. I have told Coda this several times. I have also sent Cod a file afflicted by th b ug. The problem usually takes fewer than five minutes to manifest itself when you have a large number of documents open simultaneously.

If Brian was lying to me and telling the truth to you (about not being able to duplicate the problem), then I guess he take-home message here is that Coda doesn't think it's worth their while to investigate this bug, let alone solve it.

- Darcy

-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY