On 1 Jul 2004 at 0:00, Jari Williamsson wrote:

> Also, the referencing of the  same text ID thing can only within the
> same file AFAIK, since text IDs are unique only within the file.
> That's why I was confused about the respose from tech support. But
> that doesn't matter, the important thing is that this bug gets fixed!

If I'm not mistaken, the temporary files (on Windows, at least) do
not maintain segregation of data by source file -- they have mixed
data in any one temp file that comes from multiple source files. The
explanation that was given for this was that it speeds up copying
between open files, since it's all happening within the same
temporary file (i.e., instead of copying it, you just change the
pointers to which source file it comes from).

That could very easily lead to something getting mixed up with the
text blocks, if the ones from multiple source files are stored in a
single temp file and the pointers are not being properly updated.