John Bell, and others wrote reporting their inability to reproduce the text-block bug Darcy has commented on. I am on Windows, and I have experienced the bug, too, I think in 2k. As I recall, I seemed to discover at the time that the bug hits most reliably if one has had a number of documents open (that is, the next document opened will be Untitled 8, or above, though I don't have any particular reason for suggesting 8 other than that it is a high number), that one has been editing a text block in one document, and moves to another document without closing the text block. It is my recollection that if one is careful to close the text block one is editing, before changing documents, that the bug does not occur.

I should note, too, that I have no experience to suggest that editing the text blocks in the "edit" dialog box causes the bug; I have only ever personally experienced the problem if I tried to edit a text block in place, by double clicking on the handle of the block.

ns