Owain Sutton wrote:

Without wanting to disrupt the talk of modes, scales and all else....but should I take it that a 2/10 signature isn't possible in Finale?

I thought we had answered that a long time ago -- You are correct, the easy use of a 2/10 time signature is NOT possible in Finale.

Workaround: figure out a time signature that will give you the correct number of notes, and then hide that in your music (measure tool, select the measure with the time signature, choose Key Signature -- ALWAYS HIDE).

Find a font with numbers you want to use and construct an expression in the shape expression tool which has the numbers as you want them to be.

Assign this expression to the first note in the measure and drag it to where it will line up properly with the staff to appear to be the time signature.

--
David H. Bailey