Owain Sutton wrote:

It really isn't a workaround when every bar is a measure change, two thirds of them being x/10 or x/12. I can't claim to understand the intricacies of how Finale works, but I'm sure it can't be too difficult for me to replace one symbol for another,

Well, if it were me, I'd probably create a measure-attached shape expression. In the shape designer, I'd turn on the staff, and select the font you want for the time signature, placing the number of beats and division of the tactus appropriately on the staff template provided. Then, I'd draw the lines of the staff, using a line thickness which matches the thickness of the lines in your score. Finally, I'd make certain the whole shape was opaque, and paste it in place over the time signature at the beginning of the measures.

ns