Johannes Gebauer wrote:
On 20.07.2004 15:48 Uhr, dhbailey wrote

No, it doesn't change the justification for the different pages, so if
you want the left pages left-justified, and the right pages
right-justified, you do need two different text blocks.

Or am I missing something?  When I select the Right Page Alignment and
Postiioning and set it, the same text block, with the same justificatin
merely alternates positioning on the two pages.  Is there a way to get
it to alternate the justification, too?

You are not missing anything. However, as you already pointed out, it does
work fine with single line text blocks, but doesn't work with textblocks
with several lines. I never have page numbers in multi-line text blocks (my
page number text blocks only contain a page number, nothing else).

But it is easily possible to use two separate text blocks with different
justification, and have them display only on even/uneven pages, ie when you
do need several lines. I don't really see much need for improvement here.

Johannes

Which is easier, creating two text blocks or creating one text block and checking a single box to change justification while also setting right-page alignment and position?

You're right it's not such a big deal but it would be easier if we could adjust it in one location instead of having to make two text boxes.

--
David H. Bailey