From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
dhbailey
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 6:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Finale] Re: Numbering pages

You insert the page number into a text block.  You can add any other
text you want, to format it any way you want.

BUT, if you want to have alternate page numbering, you need to create
two text blocks, and define their Frame Attributes differently.  When
you click on Frame Attributes under the Text menu, the top item in the
dialog is Attach to.  If you are creating this text block in page view,
the radio button for Page will be checked, and Single Page will be
showing.  Click the drop-down list and you will see the choices for Left
Page and Right Page.

Define one of your text blocks with page number inserted to appear only
on Left pages, and define the alignment and position as you want on the
even-numbered pages, and do the same for the other text block except
define it to appear only on Right pages (i.e. odd numbered pages.)

Hope this helps.
David

Peter Younghusband wrote:

> Following up, I have now found how to insert but cannot format. I wish to
> number left pages in bottom left corner, and right pages in bottom right.
> also want to start numbering from numbers other than 1.
>
> Again, help appreciated.
>
> Peter Younghusband wrote:
>

>>Finale 2003 Windows XP.
>>
>>Have found numbering pages under the Text Tool - Inserts, but can't seem
>>to turn it on. Shows up as grey in the drop down menu (along with all
>>the other options!)
>>
>>Anybody help?
>>
>>Peter
>>Karratha, Western Australia